West Point Fishing Tournament
Fish for big prizes!
May 18-25: Fishing Tournament
MWR will be hosting a Fishing Tournament at West Point. There will be 3 categories that will be judged.
Tournament Leaderboard (As of 0900, 22 May 2020)
** Eels caught may be included in total fish counts for the "Most Fish" category, but lengths will not be part of the "Longest" and "Shortest" categories.
Proudly Sponsored By:
[No Federal Endorsement Intended]
Who catches the longest fish- $75 VISA Gift Card
Who catches the most fish- $50 VISA Gift Card
Who catches the smallest fish - $25 VISA Gift Card
RULES / HOW TO COMPETE
- Photo submissions must be uploaded to the fishing tournament event on the West Point MWR Facebook page.
- Photos submitted for length must include a ruler in picture.
- Photos must be clear and appropriate for posting on a government Facebook page and include the location of your catch.
- Winners will be announced by noon on May 26, on Facebook.
- Fishing must be done at one of the West Point Installations bodies of water (see list below). You must have a valid West Point fishing permit (must get fishing license at https://westpoint.isportsman.net/) and a New York State License (must get a fishing license online at https://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/6091.html) if you are 16 or over.
- Fish must be caught between May 18 and May 25.
- Submit photos of your catches and total number of fish caught for each day as leader boards will be updated and posted daily.
- Fisherman must follow proper Season and size limits.
- Winners must have eligible DOD ID.
Lusk Reservoir (Michie Stadium; Trout Stocked)
Cragston Lakes (Morgan Farm)
Bull Pond (Trout Stocked)
Lake Popolopen (Camp Buckner, Gas boats permitted)
Lake Stilwell (Gas boats permitted)
Round Pond (Access restricted to 9am-5pm, Trout Stocked)
Wilkins Pond (Walk in only)
Mine Lake (By Motor Pool)
N/A - but must have DoD Identification to fish on West Point waterways and also to be eligible to compete in this tournament.