Bull Pond Recreation Area
Stone House Living Room
Stone House Kitchen/Dining Area
Stone House Master Bedroom
Stone House Bathroom
Guest House Living/Dining Area
Guest House Master Bedroom
Guest House Twin Bedroom
Guest House Bathroom
- Reservation Lottery [POSTPONED]
Bull Pond reservations will be offered this summer through a lottery system.
Bull Pond Lottery 2020 - [POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we sincerely regret to say that we have to postpone our Bull Pond Lottery on Saturday April 4th. We will be sure to let you know as soon as it is rescheduled again. We are so sorry for any inconvenience.
The Lottery is open to Active Duty Military Personnel only. Any dates available after the lottery will be opened up to all other eligible personnel and will be on a first come-first serve basis.
Proof of Military ID is required at the lottery. Lottery numbers may be obtained by calling +1 (845)938-2503, 8a.m. - 4:30p.m. Monday - Friday You must obtain your number before the day of the lottery. Lottery is limited to one (1) chance per household (one number-one pick). No day of Registration. Spouse/sponsor unable to attend the drawing may send a representative with a signed proxy letter. Limit one letter per proxy.
All reservations require advance payment in full. Cash, check or credit cards are accepted.
(If accessing PDF from government computer, "right click, save as")
- Bull Pond Rental Rules
The Bull Pond “complex”, located 5 miles from Round Pond off Rt. 293, consists of two self contained cottages, the Stone House and Guest House, a sand beach swim area with aluminum raft, paddle boat, canoe and V-bottom row boat moored at a boat house with pool table and boating amenities.
Stone House: consists of sleeping accommodations for four (4) persons, (one king sized bed, futon). Amenities include a full service kitchen (stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, toaster, sink, dishes, glassware, pots and pans, and utensils and seating for 4), bathroom with shower, living room with satellite dish TV/DVD and screened front porch overlooking Bull Pond. It is equipped with heat and 911 activated telephone +1 (845)938-4224 and no air conditioning. The fireplace is not operational and is off limits for use.
Guest House: Guest House: consists of sleeping accommodations for four (4) persons, (1 queen sized bed, 2 twin beds). Amenities include a full service kitchen (stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, toaster, sink, dishes, glassware, pots and pans, and utensils and seating for 4), bathroom with shower, living room with satellite dish TV/DVD and front porch overlooking Bull Pond. No air conditioning or heat.
• Bedding is provided for each bed, including blankets, sheets, pillows/pillow cases.
• Bath towels, cleaning products and utensils are provided based upon cottage occupancy.
• Campers must provide own toiletries.
• Utilities are propane gas, 110V electric and chlorinated well water.
• Swimming is at the campers risk, no lifeguard available. Boaters are to WEAR life
jackets at all times, which are provided in the boat house.
• Fishing is encouraged: anglers age 16-adult must have a recreational area daily fishing permit (available at Round Pond).
Camper must provide their own bait and tackle.
• Campers are asked not to fish inside of the buoyed swimming area.
• Open fires are permitted using the fire rings provided. Fires in outdoor BBQ grills will be made with charcoal only. Campers must provide own firewood and charcoal.
• Pets, Weapons, Recreational Vehicles, and Fireworks of any kind are Prohibited at the Bull Pond Complex. Violators will forfeit their remaining reservation if discovered during staff spot checks.
In cases of an emergency, dial 911, location West Point or contact the MP desk at +1 (845)938-3333. Occupants are to contact the Round Pond Office, +1 (845)938-2503 in the event of an emergency concerning facility repairs, problems and services.
All renters must be authorized IAW Army Regulation AR 215-1 and be 21 years of age or older. Eligible personnel may NOT sponsor usage to another person(s) without approval from the Coordinator, Outdoor Recreation. Proof of eligibility is required upon securing a reservation.
• Reservations are accepted on a lottery basis conducted at the Bonneville Cabin at Round Pond beginning at 9am, first Saturday in April for Active Duty Military ONLY. One chip per active duty military member, no exceptions will be granted. Proxies are limited to one per person. Preregister at +1 (845)938-2503 starting March 23rd. Reservations will continue for all other eligible personnel on the following Monday at 8am at the Round Pond office on a first-come first-served basis for any remaining dates.
• 100% of the reservation fee is required upon reservation.
• Bull Pond campers are recommended to contact the Outdoor Recreation Office at Round Pond, +1 (845)938-2503, at one week prior to coordinate any aspects of their stay at Bull Pond.
Campers unable to use their Bull Pond reservation are committed to securing an eligible replacement to assume their reservation. Round Pond will assist campers in securing replacements through waiting lists and post media. No refunds will be granted.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT:
Check-in is 2pm & checkout at 10am on Mondays and Fridays. All check ins and check outs are at Bull Pond. Sponsors must be present at Bull Pond for check in and check out.
CAMPER RESPONSIBILITY: Bull Pond Lease Agreement
• Contact Round Pond one week prior to arrival date to confirm reservation. Notify admin. staff of any changes to original reservation information.
• Control of all occupants and visiting guests.
• Restoration and accountability of facility, contents to original condition and location upon departure. (Cottage equipment, furniture or bedding are NOT to be used outside of the buildings) A joint inventory will be taken by the camper and a Round Pond staff member. Campers are liable for loss or damages incurred.
• Security of the Bull Pond facility during the entire reservation period.
• Observe the policies governing Bull Pond and laws established by the State of New York for consumption of alcoholic beverages, (must be 21 years of age).
• Police entire building, grounds, removal of all food and trash upon departure.
• Bull Pond is a family focused camping retreat for our Military and DoD patrons. It is a place one can unwind, relax and enjoy being outdoors. Bull Pond is not equipped to hold more than its sleeping capacity, therefore large parties and events are prohibited. If you are planning to host a gathering, please contact one of our sister locations Round Pond or Lake Frederick recreation areas.
In cases of emergency, dial 911, location West Point or contact the MP desk at +1 (845)938-3333. Occupants are to contact the Round Pond Office, +1 (845)938-2503 in the event of an emergency concerning facility repairs, problems and services.
Pets, Weapons, Recreational Vehicles, and Fireworks of any kind are Prohibited at the Bull Pond Complex. Violators will forfeit their remaining reservation if discovered during staff spot checks.
Hours of Operation: Open Mid May through October
|Monday||Lottery Reservations Only|
|Tuesday||Lottery Reservations Only|
|Wednesday||Lottery Reservations Only|
|Thursday||Lottery Reservations Only|
|Friday||Lottery Reservations Only|
|Saturday||Lottery Reservations Only|
|Sunday||Lottery Reservations Only|
Bull Pond.... An affordable vacation!
If you're looking for an affordable family vacation close to home, we have just the place for you! The Bull Pond Recreation Area, located off Rt. 293 on the West Point Reservation, offers two fully equipped cottages and a boat house.