Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
- Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a military spouse or Family member who just moved to a new installation, Retiree, or DoD civilian looking for new opportunities, or active duty military, active Reserve, National Guard member, or Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help.
Our services include:
• Up-to-date information on local, national, and international employment opportunities, job market trends and education, and volunteer resources
• Classes and seminars on self-assessment and career exploration, resume writing, interviewing techniques, dressing for success, networking, and entrepreneurship
• Résumé critiques
• Career counseling and individual career assessments
• Job fairs and other hiring events
• Teen/youth employment information
• Computers with internet access, résumé-writing software, and typing tutorials
Contact the Employment Readiness Program manager (ERPM) for more information by calling or clicking the “Email Us” button above.
- Programs for Military Spouses
• Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (SECO): The Department of Defense SECO program provides education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide and offers comprehensive resources and tools for all stages of your career progression.
• Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP): The Department of Defense MSEP maintains agreements with over 350 employers committed to hiring military spouses. Today’s Military Spouses are skilled, diverse, and motivated, with sound work values and a strong work ethic – characteristics highly valued by America’s top employers.
• My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA): The MyCAA Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
• Expedited Licensing Services for Military Spouses relocating to New York.
- Employment Resources
Government (Federal, State, County, City):
Local Staffing Agencies and Recruiters:
• Here’s Help is a local recruiting firm serving the Hudson Valley.
• Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider helping job seekers find work and businesses find qualified employees.
• Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions matches the energetic and hard-working jobseekers of the Hudson Valley with the career opportunities provided by our diverse community of employers.
Federal Job Webinars:
• Computer Classes at the Newburgh Free Library
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|