Employment Readiness Program (ERP)
- Services available through ERP Include:
• Individual Career & Employment Counseling
• Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Assessment
• Resource Library
• Job Search Assistance
• Internet/Computer Access
• Assistance with civilian and federal resume preparation
• Local and long distance job/employer referral assistance
• Referral to SFL-TAP
- Seminars & Workshops Include:
• Career Plan Development
• How to Conduct an Effective Job Search
• Resume Preparation
• The Federal Application Process
• Business Etiquette
• Interviewing Skills
• Teen Employment Readiness
- Link to Evaluating Foreign Education and Translating Transcripts
NACES is the website spouses can go to have foreign education evaluated. However, there is a fee for this service. You can also visit MilitaryOneSource for free translations. Military OneSource provides for the translation of legal qualifying documents for service members and their families. Upon the user’s request, translations will be certified, notarized as necessary, and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
Qualifying documents include:
- Marriage licenses
- Adoption paperwork required by the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Birth certificates
- School transcripts
If you had to quit your job to follow a military member on a PCS move to West Point, you may be eligible to collect unemployment benefits. State Unemployment Listings
When you leave West Point for another duty station, you may be eligible to receive benefits from NY state. Each case is handled on a case-by-case basis. For more information visit the NY State Department of Labor website at Unemployment Assistance or call 1-888-209-8124.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers eligible patrons (Active Duty Military, Reserve/National Guard personnel, Retirees, DOD Civilians and all Family Members) employment assistance to include job search assistance, career counseling and coaching, resources, as well as classes and workshops.
Our Employment Resource Center contains computers with internet access, numerous hard-copy resources and access to a printer, fax machine and copier.
The Employment Readiness Program offers weekly job listings to military Family members living on West Point and in the surrounding community. This is a free service. To list your available openings with the Employment Readiness Program, please e-mail.